Black sea odyssey
A MELANCHOLIC ROUND TRIP ALONG THE MIGHTY SHORES OF THE SOVIET MEDITERRANEAN
Romania – Moldova – Ukraine – Georgia – Turkey – Bulgaria
Regular monthly departures: this tour is offered regularly once a month spring (March to June) and autumn (August to November). Let us know your desired departure month by clicking on the ask-us button below and we will match your preferences with the relevant scheduled group departure. If you are unsure about the month you wish to travel in, then simply tell us a period or a season of the year and we will provide you a range of scheduled group departures: just pick up yours!
Our scheduled group departures don't suit your plans? If you are travelling with friends and there are 5 or more of you, you can set your own dates and we will organise a tour just for you without charging any additional fee. If you are travelling solo or with less than 4 companions we will organise a slightly more expensive tailored tour according to your time schedule and specific geographical preferences.
THis TOUR IS UP AND RUNNING AND YOU CAN ALREADY MAKE YOUR BOOKING. below you can find a summary of the route. FULL DETAILED ITINERARY IS BEING EDITED and will be online very soon. for more info please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
DAY 1 - Bucharest
- Dinner and overnight in Bucharest.
DAY 2 - Constanța
- Dinner and overnight in Constanța.
DAY 3 - Danube Delta
- Dinner and overnight in Tulcea.
DAY 4 - Tuzlovski Lagoons
- Dinner and overnight on the Tatarbunary.
DAY 5/6 - Odessa
- Dinner and overnight in Odessa.
DAY 7/8 - Black Sea Ferry
- Dinner and overnight on the ferry.
DAY 9 - Batumi
- Dinner and overnight in Batumi.
DAY 10 - Mountainous Adjara
- Dinner and overnight in Batumi.
DAY 11 - Rize
- Dinner and overnight in Rize.
DAY 12 - Turkish Riviera
- Dinner and overnight in Samsun.
DAY 13 - Safranbolu
- Dinner and overnight in Safranbolu.
DAY 14/15 - Istanbul
- Dinner and overnight in Istanbul.
DAY 16 - Çilingoz Nature Park
- Dinner and overnight in Kırklareli.
DAY 17 - Burgas
- Dinner and overnight in Burgas.
DAY 18 - Varna
- Dinner and overnight in Varna.
DAY 19 - Flight back home or transfer to further destinations
- After enjoying a last Bulgarian-style breakfast together we'll take care of your transfer to the airport/train station of choice.
- For those flying out: we will arrange transfer to Varna International Airport for your flight back home.
- For those wishing to take the train/bus to reach further destinations: we will arrange transport to the local train/bus station.
- End of the tour.
4 to 6 participants: 3800 €
The price includes: double/twin room accommodation (breakfast included; single supplement: 20 euros/night), private transport in the region (minivan and/or jeep), one-way ferry ticket from Odessa to Batumi, entrance fees to the attractions listed in the itinerary, guiding and translation service.
The price does not include: international flights and any other flight not explicitly included in the tour price and itinerary, meals, drinks and tips, transport to and from the airport of arrival/departure (35 euros/ride), visas if required, entrance fees to attractions not listed in the itinerary, insurance.
The route of this tour has been carefully designed after several research trips in the region. It is, however, always possible to slightly modify the itinerary according to the needs and the suggestions of the participants. Our motto is flexibility. It is also possible to make the tour the other way around, starting from Bulgaria and finishing in Romania.
Please note: It’s advisable to arrive in Bucharest one day before the actual tour begins. You should notice, however, that you’ll have to take care of your accommodation for any day and night preceding the actual start date of the tour. Without any additional charge we will readily and gladly reserve a room for you at our hotel of choice and you’ll be able to pay for it by cash or credit card once you check-in. If your flight lands on the same day as the tour begins and you prefer to rest a bit before going out sightseeing, you will then meet your tour guide and the rest of the group at the designated hotel in the late afternoon.
Airport pickup/transfer in Bucharest and Varna is available for just 35 euros per ride.