the last proud remnant of the ussr
Minsk – Brest – Stalin Line – Belovezhskaya
Regular monthly departures: this tour is offered regularly once a month. Let us know your desired departure month by clicking on the ask-us button below and we will match your preferences with the relevant scheduled group departure. If you are unsure about the month you wish to travel in, then simply tell us a period or a season of the year and we will give you a wide range of scheduled group departures: just pick up yours!
Our scheduled group departures don't suit your plans? If you are travelling with friends and there are 5 or more of you, you can set your own dates and we will organise a tour just for you without charging any additional fee. If you are travelling solo or with less than 4 companions we will organise a slightly more expensive tailored tour according to your time schedule and specific geographical preferences.
DAY 1 - Minsk
- Our tour guide will meet you in the arrival hall of Minsk International Airport (exact meeting time will be communicated well in advance per email in accordance to your flight schedule).
- Introductory briefing about the region, the route and the set of rules to observe while travelling in Belarus.
- Minsk walking tour: Lenin Statue, Victory Square, National Library, Opera and Ballet Theatre, Minsk Gates, Island of Tears and plenty of Soviet architectural gems.
- Traditional Belarusian lunch.
- In the afternoon we'll take a ride on the Minsk Metro, a masterpiece of Soviet art and engineering, and then we'll pay a visit to the impressive Belarusian State Museum of the Great Patriotic War.
- Dinner and overnight in Minsk.
DAY 2 - Belarusian Countryside, Stalin Line and Mound of Glory
- We'll spend the day out of town to visit two of the most important WWII Memorials of the whole former USSR.
- First we'll head to the Mound of Glory, a memorial complex honouring the Soviet heroes who perished in the fight against Nazi Germany: the imposing arch-cum-obelisk monument sits on a hilltop from which we'll be able to enjoy stunning views of the surrounding areas.
- We'll then tour traditional Belarusian villages north of Minsk where we'll enjoy a proper country lunch in a typical Soviet-style canteen.
- In the afternoon we'll drive west to the historical and cultural complex celebrating the so called Stalin Line, a long series of fortifications built along the Western border of the Soviet Union.
- Dinner and overnight in Minsk.
DAY 3 - Mir Castle, Lida and Grodno
- In the morning we'll leave Minsk once for all and head west to Grodno, a lovely Belarusian border town and one of the most significant places in the country, both culturally and historically.
- Besides the routine pauses for food, toilet and random landscape pictures, we'll break the 4-hour journey to Grodno to visit the small town of Mir, an important centre of Yiddish culture in Eastern Europe, and the nearby medieval castle.
- After lunch, if time permits, we'll also pay a visit to Lida, yet another pleasant Belarusian town with plenty of Yiddish and Soviet history to tell.
- In the afternoon we'll finally reach Grodno, where we'll enjoy a short walking tour: Lenin Statue, Soviet Avenue, State Drama Theatre and the Jesuit Catholic Church.
- Dinner and overnight in Grodno.
DAY 4 - Belovezhskaya National Park
- We'll start our day early and head south crossing the Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park, a vast national park adjacent to the border with Poland: this is the the last primeval forest fragment of the Europe's woodlands, that once stretched from Spain to Russia, and it is home to the largest population of the European bison.
- We'll enjoy a guided tour with the park rangers and get the chance to spot rare wildlife in a pristine environment.
- After lunch we'll head towards Brest, a glorious Soviet city and one of the main battle theatre of WWII.
- Dinner and overnight in Brest.
DAY 5 - Brest
- We'll spend the whole day touring Brest and its many sights such as the aptly named Soviet Street and Lenin Square or the Stalinist Railway Station.
- We'll also pay a mandatory visit to the Hero Fortress, a vast WWII memorial with plenty of Soviet monuments and communist mementos on display.
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Brest.
DAY 6 - Flight back home or transfer to further destinations
- After enjoying a last Belarusian-style breakfast together we'll take care of your transfer to the airport/train station of choice.
- For those flying out: we will arrange transfer to any of the following transportation hubs: Minsk International Airport (Belarus), Warsaw International Airport (Poland), Lviv International Airport (Ukraine).
- For those wishing to take the train/bus to reach further destinations: we will arrange transport to the local train/bus station.
- End of the tour.
4 to 9 participants: 770 €
The price includes: double/twin room accommodation (breakfast included; single supplement: 18 euro/night), private transport in the region (car or minivan), entrance fees to the attractions listed in the itinerary, guiding and translation service.
The price does not include: international flights and any other flight not explicitly included in the tour price and itinerary, meals, drinks and tips, transport to and from the airport of arrival/departure (35 euros/ride), visas if required, entrance fees to attractions not listed in the itinerary, insurance.
The route of this tour has been carefully designed after several research trips in the region. It is, however, always possible to slightly modify the itinerary according to the needs and the suggestions of the participants. Our motto is flexibility.
WHERE THE HECK AM I TRAVELLING TO?
BELOW YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENT TOUR STAGES MARKED ON A MAP OF THE REGION YOU ARE GOING TO EXPLORE WITH US
POSSIBLE TOUR COMBINATIONS FOR THIS ITINERARY INCLUDE