a weightlessness journey on board of a soviet flying laboratory
escape the IRRESISTIBLE GRAVITATIONAL power of the former ussr
Moscow – Star City – Zero Gravity
DAY 1 - Star City
- Early in the morning you will meet your tour guide in the lobby of the designated hotel (exact hotel address and meeting time will be communicated well in advance per email).
- Introductory briefing about the program and the set of rules to observe while visiting the airbase.
- Morning sightseeing in Moscow and traditional Russian lunch.
- After lunch you'll be transferred to the Closed Military Town No. 1, most commonly known by its self-explanatory nickname: Star City.
- Following a short afternoon tour around the Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center, you will undergo the compulsory medical examination propaedeutic to your flight and get to know your instructors, who will brief you on safety arrangements and rules of behavior in case of emergency situations.
- Dinner and overnight in Moscow.
DAY 2 - Zero Gravity Flight
- Early morning transfer to the Chkalovsky Military Base in Star City.
- Preflight final briefing aboard the Il-76 MDK wide-body military aircraft.
- Zero Gravity Flight will start at around 10 am: the Il-76 MDK is a unique flying laboratory, which can recreate short-term weightless conditions. To achieve a short-term microgravity, the aircraft flies in a parabolic pattern known as the Kepler curve, rising to a height of about 20,000 feet (6 km), and then curving downward. You will feel weightlessness in the upper point of parabola. Each zero-gravity experience will last around 25 seconds and can be recreated up to 15 times within one flight.
- The Zero-G flight lasts 1,5 hours: total time of your stay in weightless conditions can be approximately 450 seconds.
- After accomplishing the flight you will awarded with a personal certification, testifying that you have taken part to a unique experimental flight recreating zero-gravity conditions.
- Back in Moscow, to calm down your adrenaline surplus, we'll enjoy a relaxing afternoon strolling around the Red Square or exploring the eerily fascinating Soviet outskirts of the city.
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Moscow.
DAY 3 - Flight back home or transfer to further destinations
- After enjoying a last Muscovite breakfast together we'll take care of your transfer to the airport/train station of choice.
- For those flying out: we will arrange transfer to your Airport of choice (within Moscow) for your flight back home.
- For those wishing to take the train/bus to reach further destinations: we will arrange transport to your train/bus station of choice (within Moscow).
- End of the tour.
1 to 14 participants: 5500 €
The price includes: double/twin room accommodation (single supplement: 25 euro/night), full-board, private transport (jeep or minivan), entrance fees for the attractions listed in the itinerary, permits and authorizations, 90-minute zero-gravity flight, guiding and translation service.
The price does not include: international/national flights, drinks and tips, visas if required, entrance fee to attractions not listed in the itinerary, insurance.
Please note: the departure dates of this particular tour are strictly bound to the zero-gravity flight schedule of the Il-76 at the airbase. Bookings for this tour shall be made at least 50 days before each scheduled flight. Please contact us for further informations.
what THE HECK AM I going TO experience?
BELOW IS An impressive zero-gravity video shot from the inside of the massive aircraft you are going to fly with