OFF THE BEATEN PATH Along the Baikal–Amur Mainline
Irkutsk – Bratsk – Chara – Severobaikalsk
Regular monthly departures: this tour is offered regularly once a month from June to September. Let us know your desired departure month by clicking on the ask-us button below and we will match your preferences with the relevant scheduled group departure. If you are unsure about the month you wish to travel in, then simply tell us a period or a season of the year and we will provide you a range of scheduled group departures: just pick up yours!
Our scheduled group departures don't suit your plans? If you are travelling with friends and there are 5 or more of you, you can set your own dates and we will organise a tour just for you without charging any additional fee. If you are travelling solo or with less than 4 companions we will organise a slightly more expensive tailored tour according to your time schedule and specific geographical preferences.
THIS TOUR IS UP AND RUNNING AND YOU CAN ALREADY MAKE YOUR BOOKING. BELOW YOU CAN FIND A SUMMARY OF THE ROUTE. FULL DETAILED ITINERARY IS BEING EDITED AND WILL BE ONLINE VERY SOON. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL AT INFO@SOVIETTOURS.COM
DAY 1 - Irkutsk
- Our tour guide will meet you in the arrival hall of Irkutsk International Airport (exact meeting time will be communicated well in advance per email in accordance to your flight schedule).
- Introductory briefing about the region, the route and the set of rules to observe while travelling in Siberia.
- Irkutsk Soviet tour:
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Irkutsk.
DAY 2 - Angara River
- Dinner and overnight in Bratsk.
DAY 3 - Bratsk
- Dinner and overnight in Bratsk.
DAY 4/5 - Severobaikalsk
- Dinner and overnight in Severobaikalsk.
DAY 6/7 - Chara
- Meals and overnights in Chara.
DAY 8 - Tynda
- Dinner and overnight in Tynda.
DAY 9 - Fevralsk
- Dinner and overnight in Fevralsk.
DAY 10/11 - Komsomolsk
- Dinner and overnight in Komsomolsk.
DAY 12 - Flight back home or transfer to further destinations
- After enjoying a last Siberian-style breakfast together we'll take care of your transfer to the airport/train station of choice.
- For those flying out: we will arrange transfer to either Komsomolsk International Airport or Khabarovsk International Airport.
- For those wishing to take the bus/train to reach further destinations: we will arrange transport to the local bus/train station.
- For those wishing to continue the journey onto Sakhalin: we will transfer to Vanino on the Soviet Pacific and take the ferry across the Ocean to Kholmsk on Sakhalin.
- End of the tour.
4 to 9 participants: 4200 €
The price includes: double/twin room accommodation (breakfast included; single supplement: 20 euro/night), private transport in the region (jeep or minivan), first-class train ticket for the BAM, entrance fees to the attractions listed in the itinerary, guiding and translation service.
The price does not include: international flights and any other flight not explicitly included in the tour price and itinerary, meals, drinks and tips, visas if required, entrance fees to attractions not listed in the itinerary, insurance.
The route of this tour has been carefully designed after several research trips in the region. It is, however, always possible to slightly modify the itinerary according to the needs and the suggestions of the participants. Our motto is flexibility.
where the heck am i travelling to?
BELOW you can see the different tour stages marked on a map of the region you are going to explore with us
POSSIBLE TOUR COMBINATIONS FOR THIS ITINERARY INCLUDE