ISOLATED TRIBES, ETERNAL NATURE AND DISAPPEARING CULTURES
Krasnoyarsk – Nizhneudinsk – Aligdzher – Sayan Mountains
Summer-only departures: this tour is only offered in the summer season (June to September). Let us know your desired departure month by clicking on the ask-us button below and we will match your preferences with the relevant scheduled group departure. If you are unsure about the month you wish to travel in, then simply tell us a period or a season of the year and we will provide you a range of scheduled group departures: just pick up yours!
Our scheduled group departures don't suit your plans? If you are travelling with friends and there are 5 or more of you, you can set your own dates and we will organise a tour just for you without charging any additional fee. If you are travelling solo or with less than 4 companions we will organise a slightly more expensive tailored tour according to your time schedule and specific geographical preferences.
DAY 1 - Krasnoyarsk
- Our guide will meet you at Krasnoyarsk International Airport and drive you to our hotel of choice (exact hotel name and address will be communicated well in advance per email).
- Introductory briefing about the region, the route and the set of rules to observe while travelling in Siberia.
- We'll spend the day touring Krasnoyarsk: Socialist architectures, WWII memorials, Lenin statues and some pretty old pre-Soviet buildings scattered around downtown.
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Krasnoyarsk.
DAY 2 - Stolby National Reserve
- In the morning we'll transfer to the famous Stolby National Reserve, just one hour south of Krasnoyarsk.
- We'll spend a full day there to get acclimatised after your international trip and compensate the jet lag surrounded by the fresh nature of the park: short walk and longer hike opportunities will be available for those with some energy left.
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in the park.
DAY 3 to DAY 13 - Tofalaria
- We'll leave the Stolby National Park early in the morning and head to the Tofalaria Federal Reserve, where we'll spend the next ten days.
- During your stay in the reserve you will:
- deeply and thoroughly explore the Siberian Taiga.
- live like a Soviet Rangers at the Stelka Base Camp and the Bears Lake Camp.
- hike to the Kinzelyuk Waterfalls, the second highest in Russia.
- trek to the Gornoe Ozero, a splendid alpine lake hidden high in the mountains.
- be lectured about zoology, botanics, ethnology and history of Siberia.
- fish your own meals out of the pristine waters of the Tofalarian lakes and rivers.
- meet with the locals: the secretive Tofalars, a once nomadic Turkic people who still practice ritual shamanism.
- relax at the Bears Lake and experiment traditional Siberian banya.
- taste the healthy Siberian cuisine, rich of fish, game meat and fresh herbs.
- travel by motorboat along the Agul River.
- fly over the taiga on a huge Soviet Mi-8 helicopter.
- Dinner and overnight in the reserve.
DAY 14 - Flight back home or transfer to further destinations
- After a last Siberian-style breakfast together we'll say dasvidaniya to our guide and begin our journey back home.
- For those flying out: we will arrange transfer to Krasnoyarsk International Airport for your flight back home.
- For those wishing to take the train/bus to reach further destinations: we will arrange transport to the local train/bus station.
- End of the tour.
3 to 8 participants: 6650 €
The price includes: double/twin room and tent accommodation (breakfast included; single supplement: 20 euro/night), meals, camping gear, private transport in the region (jeep or minivan), helicopter transfer, entrance fees to the attractions listed in the itinerary, guiding and translation service.
The price does not include: international flights and any other flight not explicitly included in the tour price and itinerary, extra drinks and tips, visas if required, entrance fees to attractions not listed in the itinerary, insurance.
The route of this tour has been carefully designed after several research trips in the region. It is, however, always possible to slightly modify the itinerary according to the needs and the suggestions of the participants. Our motto is flexibility.
where the heck am i travelling to?
BELOW you can see the different tour stages marked on a map of the region you are going to explore with us
POSSIBLE TOUR COMBINATIONS FOR THIS ITINERARY INCLUDE
Transbaikal and/or Khakassia