THE SWITZERLAND OF SIBERIA YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF
Kemerovo – Sheregesh – Shoriya National Park
Regular monthly departures: this tour is offered regularly once a month. Let us know your desired departure month by clicking on the ask-us button below and we will match your preferences with the relevant scheduled group departure. If you are unsure about the month you wish to travel in, then simply tell us a period or a season of the year and we will provide you a range of scheduled group departures: just pick up yours!
Our scheduled group departures don't suit your plans? If you are travelling with friends and there are 5 or more of you, you can set your own dates and we will organise a tour just for you without charging any additional fee. If you are travelling solo or with less than 4 companions we will organise a slightly more expensive tailored tour according to your time schedule and specific geographical preferences.
DAY 1 - Kemerovo
- Our tour guide will meet you in the arrival hall of Kemerovo International Airport (exact meeting time will be communicated well in advance per email in accordance to your flight schedule).
- Introductory briefing about the region, the route and the set of rules to observe while travelling in Siberia.
- Kemerovo sightseeing: cathedrals, mosques, traditional wooden houses, Soviet monuments and the usual mix of concrete Socialist pomp and post-Soviet kitsch.
- Transfer to the Soviet mining town of Novokuznetsk, an urban utopia lost in the wilderness of the Taiga.
- Dinner and overnight in Novokuznetsk.
DAY 2 to DAY 5 - Shoriya
- We'll leave Novokuznetsk in the morning and head to Sheregesh, the main settlement in Mountainous Shoriya.
- We'll then spend four full days in the Mountainous Shoriya, also known as the Switzerland of Siberia, a wild and wide semi-autonomous territory of Southern Siberia, east of the Altai Mountains, mainly inhabited by the indigenous Shors, an obscure Turkic ethnicity, also called Kuznetskie Tatars, adhering to an odd mixture of animistic beliefs, shamanistic traditions and Christian Orthodox faith.
- We'll make our base in a comfortable hotel Shergesh and engage ourselves in several cultural and outdoor activities through the region, which also boasts one of the most popular ski resort in the whole former USSR.
- Included in our offer: ethno tours to traditional Shor settlements, mountain trekking and taiga hiking, Soviet tours to abandoned mining towns in the region, traditional cooking and handicraft workshops, and - only in winter - cross-country skiing excursions through the woods and free ski-pass for downhill skiing and snowboarding.
- Additional activities: extreme sports, sport fishing and hunting, recreational activities.
- Dinner and overnight in Sheregesh.
DAY 6 - Flight back home or transfer to further destinations
- After enjoying a last lavish Shor-style breakfast together we'll take care of your transfer to the airport/train station of choice.
- For those flying out: we will arrange transfer to Kemerovo International Airport for your flight back home.
- For those wishing to take the train/bus to reach further destinations: we will arrange transport to the local train/bus station.
- End of the tour.
2 to 10 participants: 1500 €
The price includes: double/twin room accommodation (breakfast included; single supplement: 20 euro/night), private transport in the region (jeep or minivan), guiding and translation service.
The price does not include: international flights and any other flight not explicitly included in the tour price and itinerary, meals, drinks and tips, visas if required, sport activities, entrance fees to attractions not listed in the itinerary, insurance.
The route of this tour has been carefully designed after several research trips in the region. It is, however, always possible to slightly modify the itinerary according to the needs and the suggestions of the participants. Our motto is flexibility.
where the heck am i travelling to?
BELOW you can see the different tour stages marked on a map of the region you are going to explore with us
POSSIBLE TOUR COMBINATIONS FOR THIS ITINERARY INCLUDE