CEAUSESCU'S Romania and Zhivkov's bulgaria
A CLASSIC EASTERN EUROPEAN ADVENTURE across the ruins of a fallen ideology
Timisoara – Bucharest – Constanta – Varna – Plovdiv – Bezludzha – Sofia
Regular monthly departures: this tour is offered regularly once a month. Let us know your desired departure month by clicking on the ask-us button below and we will match your preferences with the relevant scheduled group departure. If you are unsure about the month you wish to travel in, then simply tell us a period or a season of the year and we will give you a wide range of scheduled group departures: just pick up yours!
Our scheduled group departures don't suit your plans? If you are travelling with friends and there are 5 or more of you, you can set your own dates and we will organise a tour just for you without charging any additional fee. If you are travelling solo or with less than 4 companions we will organise a slightly more expensive tailored tour according to your time schedule and specific geographical preferences.
THis TOUR IS UP AND RUNNING AND YOU CAN ALREADY MAKE YOUR BOOKING. below you can find a summary of the route. FULL DETAILED ITINERARY IS BEING EDITED and will be online very soon. for more info please send us an email at email@example.com
Beware: this is a tour with an extremely strong focus on Socialist Heritage. If you are more into classic attractions (i.e. monasteries, ruins, churches, temples and museums) and/or natural wonders (gorges, lakes and gentle slopes alike), we can easily design a bespoke itinerary according to your own specific preferences. Get in touch for more details on our tailored routes in Romania and Bulgaria.
Day 1 - Timisoara
- In the morning you will meet your tour guide in the lobby of the designated hotel (exact hotel address and meeting time will be communicated well in advance per email; private airport pickup and shuttle service available for a small additional fee).
- Introductory briefing about the region and the route.
- We'll spend the day touring Timisoara
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Timisoara.
Day 2 - Pitesti
- Dinner and overnight in Pitesti.
Day 3 - Targoviste
- Dinner and overnight in Bucharest.
Day 4 - Bucharest
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Bucharest.
Day 5 - Constanta
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Constanta.
Day 6 - Varna
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Varna.
Day 7 - Veliko Tarnovo
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Veliko Tarnovo.
Day 8 - Plovdiv
- Dinner and overnight in Plovdiv.
Day 9 - Sofia
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Sofia.
DAY 10 - Flight back home or transfer to further destinations
- After enjoying a last Bulgarian-style breakfast together we'll take care of your transfer to the airport/train station of choice.
- For those flying out: we will arrange transfer to Sofia International Airport.
- For those wishing to take the train/bus to reach further destinations: we will arrange transport to the central train/bus station.
- End of the tour.
4 to 9 participants: 1150 €
The price includes: double/twin room accommodation (breakfast included; single supplement: 25 euro/night), private transport in the region (car or minivan), entrance fees to the attractions listed in the itinerary, guiding and translation service.
The price does not include: international flights and any other flight not explicitly included in the tour price and itinerary, meals, drinks and tips, transport to and from the airport of arrival/departure (35 euros/ride), visas if required, entrance fees to attractions not listed in the itinerary, insurance.
The route of this tour has been carefully designed after several research trips in the region. It is, however, always possible to slightly modify the itinerary according to the needs and the suggestions of the participants. Our motto is flexibility.
Please note: It’s advisable to arrive in Timisoara one day before the actual tour begins. You should notice, however, that you’ll have to take care of your accommodation for any day and night preceding the actual start date of the tour. Without any additional charge we will readily and gladly reserve a room for you at our hotel of choice and you’ll be able to pay for it by cash or credit card once you check-in. If your flight lands on the same day as the tour begins and you prefer to rest a bit before going out sightseeing, you will then meet your tour guide and the rest of the group at the designated hotel in the late afternoon.
Airport transfer/pickup in Timisoara and Sofia is available for just 35 euros per ride.
WHERE THE HECK AM I TRAVELLING TO?
BELOW YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENT TOUR STAGES MARKED ON A MAP OF THE REGION YOU ARE GOING TO EXPLORE WITH US
POSSIBLE TOUR COMBINATIONS FOR THIS ITINERARY INCLUDE
Albania and/or Balkanistan