a flight to edge of space on board of the MYTHICAL soviet combat aircraft mig 29
soviet power and russian glory beyond the sonic barrier
Nizhny-Novgorod – Sokol Airbase – Stratosphere
DAY 1 - Nizhny-Novgorod
- Early in the morning you will meet your tour guide in the lobby of the designated hotel (exact hotel address and meeting time will be communicated well in advance per email).
- Introductory briefing about the program, the route and the set of rules to observe while visiting the airbase.
- Morning sightseeing in Nizhny-Novgorod and traditional Russian lunch.
- After lunch you'll enjoy some free time to explore the Soviet outskirts of the city or simply relax in one the many cafés in the city centre.
- Dinner and overnight in Nizhny-Novgorod.
DAY 2 - Suborbital Flight
- Today is the great day and we'll have a tight schedule to follow.
- 08:00-08:45: transfer to Sokol Military Airbase.
- 08:45-09:00: arrival at Sokol airbase checkpoint, passport control and car inspection; transfer to flight test facility.
- Please note: it is strictly prohibited to carry/use any photo/video equipment, tablets or notebooks within the perimeter of the airbase. Photo and video shooting is to be performed by authorized personnel only.
- 09:00-09:15: airbase doctor will check your general state of health and measure your blood pressure; if everything's fine with your body you'll get permission to fly.
- 09:15-09:45: your pilot will come to meet your and deliver a briefing in the course of which you will learn the details of your flight: aerobatics to be performed, altitude, speed and force.
- 09:45-10:15: after the briefing our team will help you to put on the special high altitude suit, the helmet and the oxygen mask.
- 10:15-11:00: together with a pilot you will examine the aircraft checking its readiness for the flight and study its design and layout; once inside the cockpit the pilot will tell you about integrated control system, radio communication and ejection system.
- 11:00-11:45: supersonic flight onboard legendary MiG-29 jet fighter: a trip to the Edge of Space and stunning aerobatics that will be one of the best experiences of your lifetime!
- 11:45-12:30: time for memorable pictures and official certifications: our photo and video operators will do their best to provide you with high-quality materials; as soon as the shots are made and all operations at the airfield are accomplished you will return to the test facility where you will have the opportunity to take a shower and change; after that you will get a personal certificate testifying your completion of flight aboard Mig-29 jet fighter with all flight parameters and aerobatics listed and your flight will be registered in your pilot’s logbook if you have one.
- 12:30-13:30: Sokol Airbase Museum Tour: an exclusive experience for aviation fans.
- Back in Nizhny-Novgorod, to calm down your adrenaline surplus, we'll enjoy a relaxing boat ride along the Volga and, if time allows, a visit to the majestic State Art Museum.
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Nizhny-Novgorod.
DAY 3 - Flight back home or transfer to further destinations
- After enjoying a last supersonic breakfast together we'll take care of your transfer to the airport/train station of choice.
- For those flying out: we will arrange transfer to Nizhny-Novgorod International Airport for your flight back home.
- For those wishing to take the train/bus to reach further destinations: we will arrange transport to the local train/bus station.
- End of the tour.
1 to 4 participants: 18600 €
The price includes: double/twin room accommodation (single supplement: 25 euro/night), full-board, private transport (jeep or minivan), entrance fees for the attractions listed in the itinerary, permits and authorizations, 45-minute supersonic flight across the stratosphere, guiding and translation service.
The price does not include: international/national flights, drinks and tips, visas if required, entrance fee to attractions not listed in the itinerary, insurance.
Please note: the departure dates of this particular tour are strictly bound to the supersonic flight schedule of the MiG at Sokol. Bookings for this tour shall be made at least 50 days before each scheduled flight. Please contact us for further informations.
what THE HECK AM I going TO experience?
BELOW IS An impressive video of the stratosphere shot from the inside of the legendary aircraft you are going to fly with