traditional fishing villages, scenic coastal roads, lunar landscapes, tentacular cities, unforgiving sands and wild frontiers
Karachi – Pasni – Astola Island – Gwadar – Jiwani – Quetta – Khuzdar – Moola Chatook
Regular monthly departures: this tour is offered regularly once a month. Let us know your desired departure month by clicking on the ask-us button below and we will match your preferences with the relevant scheduled group departure. If you are unsure about the month you wish to travel in, then simply tell us a period or a season of the year and we will give provide a range of scheduled group departures: just pick up yours!
Our scheduled group departures don't suit your plans? If you are travelling with friends and there are 5 or more of you, you can set your own dates and we will organise a tour just for you without charging any additional fee. If you are travelling solo or with less than 4 companions we will organise a slightly more expensive tailored tour according to your time schedule and specific geographical preferences.
Warning: entry to Pakistan will be refused to Israeli passport holders and travellers with any evidence (stamp, visa, permits) of visiting Israel.
DAY 1 - Karachi
- In the morning you will meet your tour guide in the lobby of the designated hotel (exact hotel address and meeting time will be communicated well in advance per email; private airport pickup and shuttle service available for a small additional fee).
- Introductory briefing about the region, the route and the set of rules to observe while travelling in Pakistan.
- We'll then spend the whole day exploring Karachi and its many architectonical wonders, historic sights, cultural attractions and ethnic diversity.
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Karachi.
DAY 2 - Makran Coastal Highway
- We'll set off early in the morning for a scenic drive westwards along the legendary Makran Coastal Highway, a 653-km-long paved running along the wild shores of the Indian Ocean.
- Our first stop will be Kund Malir, a world-class beach and entry point to the Hingol National Park
- We’ll continue deeper into Hingol to visit the ancient Hindu temple at Hinglaj Mata and the beautiful beaches at Ormara, a small Baluchi fishing town.
- After a quick lunch on the road we'll then continue to Pasni, a major coastal city of Balochistan and the starting point for our pioneering trip to Astola Island.
- Dinner and overnight in Pasni.
DAY 3 - Astola Island
- Early departure by chartered boat to Astola, a stunningly beautiful uninhabited island off the coast of Baluchistan and Pakistan's own answer to the Maldives.
- We'll spend the whole day on the day island exploring its natural sights, doing some snorkeling or simply relaxing at the beach.
- Dinner and overnight on Astola Island.
DAY 4 - Deevan-e-Jah and Gwadar
- Seeing the sunrise at Astola Island definitely ranks among the very best off-the-beaten-path experiences in Southern Asia: truly unforgettable.
- After breakfast we'll return by boat to Pasni and head further west to Gwadar, a relatively big Baluchi port town, formerly belonging to the Sultanate of Oman.
- In the evening we will drive to the top of the so-called Hammerhead Mountain near Gwadar and enjoy the sunset over the town from the holy place of Deevan-e- Jah.
- Dinner and overnight in Gwadar.
DAY 5 - Jiwani and Gaz
- Morning hike to the Crocodile Mountain, from where we'll enjoy breathtaking views over the Gwadar bay.
- We'll spend the rest of the day chilling out and swimming at the gorgeous beaches of Gaz and Jiwani.
- In Jiwani we'll also meet Baluchi fishermen, visit traditional houses and tour the local fish market.
- Dinner and overnight in Gwadar.
DAY 6 - Quetta
- Morning flight to Quetta, the bustling capital of Baluchistan.
- We'll spend a few hours exploring Quetta, an ancient city full of charmingly crumbling buildings, colourful bazaars and friendly people.
- After lunch we'll visit Ziarat, a traditional resort town surrounded by lush vegetation, colonial buildings and spectacular waterfalls.
- Dinner and overnight in Quetta.
DAY 7 - Khuzdar
- Long morning drive to Khuzdar, the ancient capital of the Brahui Kingdom and a major transport hub in Western Pakistan.
- Besides the routine pauses for food, toilet and random landscape pictures, we'll break the journey to visit Kalat and Surab, traditional little towns set amid the fertile plains of Central Baluchistan.
- Dinner and overnight in Khuzdar.
DAY 8 - Moola Chotok
- After breakfast we'll head to Moola Chotok, a hidden natural sanctuary located north of Khuzdar District.
- We'll spend the whole day in this conveniently isolated, divinely quiet and utterly sublime place of natural beauty and ancient history.
- Highlights include: snorkeling, swimming and cliff-diving in the Moola Gorge, hiking the surrounding hills or simply chilling-out with the locals in front of a bonfire and a cup of tea.
- Lunch, dinner and overnight in Moola.
DAY 9 - Flight back home or transfer to further destinations
- After enjoying a last Baluchi-style breakfast together we'll drive back to Karachi, where we will arrive in the early evening.
- For those staying one more night in Karachi: we will arrange transport to the selected hotel.
- For those flying out (evening/night flights): we will arrange transfer to Karachi International Airport for your flight back home.
- For those wishing to take the train/bus to reach further destinations: we will arrange transport to the local train/bus station.
- End of the tour.
4 to 9 participants: 1950 €
The price includes: double/twin room accommodation (breakfast included; single supplement: 20 euros/night), private transport in the region (jeep or minivan), boat ride to and from Astola Island, one-way flight from Gwadar to Quetta, entrance fees to the attractions listed in the itinerary, guiding and translation service.
The price does not include: international flights and any other flight not explicitly included in the tour price and itinerary, meals, drinks and tips, transport to and from the airport of arrival/departure (35 euros/ride), visas if required, entrance fees to attractions not listed in the itinerary, insurance.
The route of this tour has been carefully designed after several research trips in the region. It is, however, always possible to slightly modify the itinerary according to the needs and the suggestions of the participants. Our motto is flexibility.
Please note: It’s advisable to arrive in Karachi one day before the actual tour begins. You should notice, however, that you’ll have to take care of your accommodation for any day and night preceding the actual start date of the tour. Without any additional charge we will readily and gladly reserve a room for you at our hotel of choice and you’ll be able to pay for it by cash or credit card once you check-in. If your flight lands on the same day as the tour begins and you prefer to rest a bit before going out sightseeing, you will then meet your tour guide and the rest of the group at the designated hotel in the late afternoon.
Airport pickup/transfer in Karachi is available for just 35 euros per ride.
where the heck am i travelling to?
BELOW you can see the different tour stages marked on a map of the region you are going to explore with us
POSSIBLE TOUR COMBINATIONS FOR THIS ITINERARY INCLUDE