sahrawi arab democratic republic
a pioneering adventure to the self-governing areas of Western sahara
Tindouf – Tifariti – Bir Lehlou
Regular monthly departures: this tour is offered once a month from November to April. Please contact us for exact departure dates. If you are travelling solo or with less than 4 companions we will organise a slightly more expensive tailored tour according to your time schedule and specific geographical preferences. Bookings for this tour shall be made at least 60 days in advance.
Warning: entry to Algeria will be refused to Israeli passport holders and travellers with any evidence (stamp, visa, permits) of visiting Israel.
Please note: there is no definite route for this pioneering tour to one of the least known corners of Africa; the itinerary suggested below has to be considered as a tentative travel schedule: both minor and major variations to the itinerary must be taken into account; all tours to the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic begins and ends in Tindouf.
DAY 1 - Algeria: Tindouf
- Our guide will meet you at Tindouf Regional Airport and drive you to our hotel of choice (exact hotel name and address will be communicated well in advance per email); currently only Air Algerie and Tassili Airlines offer flights to Tindouf from Algiers: we will gladly assist you in the booking process. We do also offer guiding and assistance services in Algiers if needed.
- Introductory briefing about the region, the route and the set of rules to observe while travelling in Southern Algeria and in the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic.
- Afternoon stroll around Tindouf.
- Dinner and overnight in Tindouf.
DAY 2 - Algeria: Polisario Camps
- Visit to the Polisario-administered areas (refugee camps and temporary settlements) near Tindouf.
- Meeting with representative of the Polisario-Front.
- Traditional Sahrawi lunch.
- Dinner and overnight in Tindouf.
DAY 3 and 4 - Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic: Bir Lehlou, Tifariti and the Desert
- After a 6-to-8-hours drive along dirt tracks across the Sahara desert we'll enter the territory of Western Sahara under the control of the partially unrecognised government of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, aka the Liberated Territories.
- Visit to several significant places within the territory of the republic such as the Bir Lehlou, the former capital, and Tifariti, the current one, where we'll meet with Polisario-representatives and enjoy a guided tour to their facilities.
- Dinner and overnight either in Bir Lehlou or Tifariti.
DAY 5 - Flight back home or transfer to further destinations
- After enjoying a last Sahrawi-style breakfast together we'll take care of your transfer to Tindouf Regional Airport for your flight back to Algiers.
- End of the tour.
3 to 8 participants: 2850 euros
The price includes: double/twin room accommodation (single supplement: 15 euro/night), private and secure transport in the region (4x4 jeep), return flight Algiers - Tindouf, guiding, assistance and translation service.
The price does not include: international flights and any other flight not explicitly included in the tour price and itinerary, meals, drinks and tips, transport to and from the airport of arrival/departure (15 euros), visas if required, entrance to attractions not listed in the itinerary, insurance.
WHERE THE HECK AM I TRAVELLING TO?
BELOW YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENT TOUR STAGES MARKED ON A MAP OF THE REGION YOU ARE GOING TO EXPLORE WITH US
POSSIBLE TOUR COMBINATIONS FOR THIS ITINERARY INCLUDE
Western Libya and/or Northern Mali